Ultimately, ideas and knowledge are everything in the cultural and creative industries, a sector that includes a range of activities from architecture to fashion, to the production of films and video games and many more. It is all about intellectual property, i.e. about brands, designs, and ideas and as such one of the most valuable assets of that industry that requires protection so that it can generate the appropriate revenues. Intellectual property (IP) rights play an important role in supporting a thriving creative economy as they protect creativity and control the commercial exploitation of the products of scientific, technological and cultural creation. The ability to develop and use such products is indeed a key driver of economic growth and for international competition, especially for the production and trade of technology-intensive goods and services.
To support CCSIs, the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) will launch a new Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC). The KIC will create new opportunities for innovation, education, business creation and acceleration and most important power the next generation of innovators and creatives across Europe. The Call for Proposals will be launched in October 2021. An important aspect during the evaluation will be the future KIC’s plan for the management and exploitation of intellectual property supporting the KIC’s business model as well as plans to generate other type of revenues aiming at financial sustainability.
In this joint webinar we will examine:
- The EIT´s plans for supporting innovation in the CCSIs via a new KIC: EIT Culture & Creativity.
- What is IP? What role does it play in the creative sectors and industries? What are the main IP rights and how do they empower SMEs in the creative industry? Which are EUIPO´s culture-related activities and initiatives and how do they serve SMEs?
After the webinar you will have discovered:
- How can I participate in the EIT´s Call for Proposals for the new KIC EIT Culture & Creativity?
- How do I protect my ideas during the creation and pitch process?
- How to protect my brand and designs from infringers (copycats) and competitors?
- How can EUIPO´s Ideas Powered initiative and other culture related activities support my business in setting up my IP strategy?