Partager par courrier électronique
mars 01, 2017 Généralités
New report on private costs of IPR enforcement
The Observatory has published a report on Private costs of enforcement of IPR, ...
The Observatory has published a report on Private costs of enforcement of IPR, which seeks to supplement the analysis of the impact of counterfeiting and piracy by quantifying the costs borne by companies in dealing with infringement of their IP rights.
The study is based on a survey of 1,291 companies in 14 EU Member States, which provided a detailed picture of the resources used to detect and combat infringements by both small and large companies. The costs included in the survey were:
- Cost of employee time dedicated to IPR enforcement;
- Cost of external legal assistance;
- Court fees in connection with infringement-related litigation;
- Storage and destruction costs;
- Other infringement-related costs.