The economic cost of IPR infringement in the cosmetics and personal care sector
Quantification of infringement in the manufacture of perfumes and toilet preparations sector.
- 7.8 % of sales lost by the sector due to counterfeiting
- €4.7 billion of revenue lost annually by the sector
- €4.8 billion of sales lost in related sectors
- 51 561 direct jobs lost
- 78 959 direct and indirect jobs lost
- €1.7 billion of government revenue lost (social contributions and taxes)
The economic cost of IPR infringement in the cosmetics and personal care sector study looks into the direct and indirect industry revenue loses and job losses due to the presence of counterfeit products, such as perfumes, beauty and make-up, and other personal care products. It also looks at the impact on public finance.
The study covers the following products:
- Perfumes and toilet water;
- beauty and make-up preparations;
- sunburn prevention and suntan preparations;
- manicure and pedicure preparations;
- shampoos, hair lacquers, waving and straightening preparations;
- dentifrices and preparations for oral hygiene, including denture fixative preparations;
- shaving preparations, including pre-shave and aftershave preparations;
- deodorants and bath salts;
- manufacture of cosmetic soap.
|Full report Show|
|Press release Show|