When signing up for an EUIPO User Area account you will need to choose a username and password for future access. The criteria for choosing these are as follows:
Your username must:
- contain between 8 and 20 characters;
- contain characters from the roman alphabet (lower case only);
- contain at least one numerical digit (0-9).
Your password must:
- be unique to you;
- be different from your username;
- contain at least one numerical character;
- not have 3 repeated characters (e.g. aaa, 111), sequences (e.g. 123, abc) or special characters (e.g. #, *);
- have at least 8 characters.
- Changing your password
For security reasons we recommend that you change your password on a regular basis.