Recommendations concerning payments
In order to deal with payments swiftly and speed up the registration process, we ask all users to follow the advice below regarding bank transfers.
Please note that only a limited number of characters in the 'sender' and 'description' fields are transmitted by our bank. Therefore, please follow the guidelines below.
- Use the codes listed in the tables below
e.g. EUTM instead of APPLICATION FEE FOR THE REGISTRATION OF A EUROPEAN UNION TRADE MARK (EUTM).
- Remove leading zeroes in numbers and do not use spaces or dashes in fax or phone numbers, as these use up space unnecessarily.
- If the payment is for more than one trade mark or design, specify only the first and last ones and then send us a fax with the full details of which trade marks or designs are concerned
|Payment type||Example of payment description|
|Application Fee (EUTM = European Union trade mark) via e-filing||EUTM-5104422 name of the trade mark E-00031516-S REF. JSE06|
|Application Fee (RCD = Registered Community design) via e-filing||RCD REF. JSE07 E-00031517-T|
|Opposition||EUTM-4325047 OPP name of the trade mark|
|International registration||EUTM-4325047 INT|
|Renewal (EUTM)||EUTM-509936 RENEW|
|Payment to current account No 1361||ACC-1361|
|Certified copies||EUTM-1820061 COPIES|
|Transfer of multiple designs (first 1420061 and last 1420065)||RCD-1420061-1420065 TRANSF|
Official codes (by order of importance)
|ACC||Payment to current account||ACC-1361|
|OWN, REP||Owner ID, Representative ID (if known)||REP-10711|
|EUTM, RCD||Trade mark or design number|| EUTM-5104422
|Trade mark or design name||name of the trade mark|
|REF||Applicant's internal reference||REF. JSE06|
|OPP, REC, RENEW, INSP, INT, TRANSF, INV, CONV, COPIES. APP||Operation code : Opposition, Recordal, Renewal, Inspection, International Registration, Transfer, Invalidity, Conversion, Certified Copies, Appeal|| OPP
- Use a name that can be identified as a payer, applicant (owner or representative), opponent or sender.
- For the payer name, use only the name, without abbreviations like DIPL.-ING. PHYS, PATENT OFFICE.
- Use the same form of identification for future payments.
- Examples for address:
Payer nameMARY MOCHANPayer address7 LOCH LONGPayer postal code and cityGLASGOW G742EL