Share by email
April 16, 2019 About the EUIPO
Internet / Darknet training for Judges and Prosecutors
On 16-17 April 2019, 40 judges and prosecutors from various EU Member States and the General Court of the European Union will have hands-on training sessions on internet technology. These sessions respond to and follow up on the unanimous positive feedback received both last year and the year before from some 250 participants following the Observatory’s darknet training sessions for judges and prosecutors.
Coached by cybercrime specialists, participants will learn about:
- the technical structure and operators of the open internet and the darknet
- the Domain Name System (DNS) and website hosting VPN
- cyberdata, forensic data and metadata
- the Wayback Machine
- bitcoin and other virtual currencies
- social media
- the darknet: access and ‘shopping’
- cloud technology
- the investigation into cryptocurrencies and identification of actors who hide behind illegal websites, and
- blockchain technologies.