Споделяне по електронна поща
Март 23, 2015 Новини
Judges' seminar on the sale of counterfeit products through the internet
A judges' seminar is taking place at the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) on 24 and 25 March...
A judges' seminar is taking place at the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) on 24 and 25 March. The seminar provides national judges and prosecutors who deal with criminal aspects of intellectual property rights to network with other European colleagues and discuss with them practical issues related to the sale of counterfeit products through the internet.
Before specific working sessions on the practical cases take place, there will be a half-day session entitled The Distribution of Fake Products via the Internet: Miscellaneous Perspectives, which will include the following presentations:
- "Legal and Practical Introduction to the Internet World" by Mr Erling Vestergaard, Seconded Danish Prosecutor to the Observatory, OHIM
- "A Perspective from a Major Internet Operator" by Mr Cédric Manara, Copyright Council, Google, Paris, France
- "A Perspective from an SME" by Ms Rosa Berral, Export Manager, Berneda SA, Barcelona, Spain
- "The Daily Practice of the Gendarmerie Nationale against Websites Advertising Fake Products" by Major Didier Douilly, Gendarmerie Nationale, France
- "Investigation Techniques carried out by the Police" by Mr Bogdan Cîinaru, Principal Inspector, Fraud investigation Directorate, National Police, Romania
The judges' seminar is a regular feature on the OHIM calendar. It brings together specialist IP judges and prosecutors from across the EU offering a platform for dynamic debate and information exchange, as well as providing the latest updates on case law and practice.